Sunday, April 25, 2010

Zac Posen for Target

When high a fashion collection comes to Target, I always set the date in my head and run out that morning in excitement only to find myself slightly disappointed. Well, mainly disappointed that most of the good pieces are either sold out already. or they are not the masterpiece images I had in my head via an early lookbook. The Jean Paul Gaultier collection was a complete let down.. not one piece stuck out for me which is rare. It seems that other customers would agree, since there are still racks full of his pieces at every Target I've come across.

That's not always the case with certain designers, though. I loved my Rodarte for Target fairy dress that recently came out. Most of the other items were just okay though. sadly. being that I love Rodarte.

That being said, I actually liked a few of the Zac Posen items I came across today. The prices were a bit on the high side, though. I fell in love with the brocade floral print skirt, which is the one item I ended up buying. It looks like a watercolor painting landed perfectly onto a skirt.. beautiful.



The material is a lot thicker and fancier than it seems, and the colors are incredibly vibrant.

I wanted to love the pink polka dot dress, but I don't know... the back zipper was fitted awkwardly, and it just didn't look good on me. same goes for the chambray dress.



I was sort of disappointed that my Target didn't have the red ruffle dress or raincoat. but not surprised.

 
Photos from nitrolicious

I love how the ruffles come off to make it a fancy cocktail dress and of course the fact that it's red. At $80 though, let's face it. I could most likely find a vintage 80s party dress for way less. I would still like to try it on though. and the yellow rain coat... I am obsessed with the thought of owning a yellow raincoat. I just haven't found one I really liked yet. This one looks almost perfect, but I'd have to see it in person.

Overall, it's worth checking out such a genius designer even if it might break the bank more so than your usual Target bill. . . just don't set your hopes insanely high like I always do.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to the disappointment, especially with the JPG line. I tried on a few Zac Posen pieces, struggled with a few zippers, and wrote a review with fitting room photos. I agree that the brocade skirt looked really luxe, along with the black pleated skirt. Here's the link to my review, in case you're interested: http://fashiontrendguide.blogspot.com/2010/04/review-of-zac-posen-for-target.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually forgot this was coming out! Now I have to visit my Target as well, but they don't stock all the pieces here either.

    ReplyDelete