Friday, June 18, 2010

Lolita





90s polka dot dress: thrifted
Wedges: Steve Madden
Heart sunglasses: some mall boutique
Flower clips: H&M

My biggest source of inspiration almost always comes from movies and music. Lolita is probably one of my favorite movies; I've never read the book! Her outfits depict perfect summer style.. the high-waist shorts, crop tops and cute heart sunglasses. I love it all. This summer I'm really into 40s and 50s style.. I pretty much want anything with a high-waist and Lolita-ish. For some reason, this dress reminds me of the movie, except I don't think she wore a polka dot dress at all.


I don't think I will ever get sick of heart-shaped sunglasses! I'm trying to hunt down a white vintage pair, but I can never find them at thrift stores. humm, maybe I'll have luck on etsy?

6 comments:

  1. You look like a modern day pin-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! i love the sunglasses

    http://filthygalaxies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dress
    great outfit

    follow your blog

    kiss
    nicoletta


    http://thescentofobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. me either! or stanley kubricks movie. love the polka dots, and of course, the sunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! Polka dots and hearts are two of my favorite things! (By the way: The book is even better than the movie, in my opinion!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D i need your address. starrcrow@live.com

    ReplyDelete