Monday, July 19, 2010

Endless Summer and Inspiration

It's been the hottest summer in New York since I can remember. Almost everyday so far since about mid-June, it's been in the high 90s, even the 100s! Mix that with the humidity of the city, and it feels like being stuck in a sweltering sauna for weeks. I think June actually broke the record of being the hottest month here ever, globally... that's intense.

It's hard to stay cool, and looking at Japanese street fashion makes me wish it was just a little bit cooler so i can layer a light/slouchy cardigan with a dress. Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing it's fall yet. I like to savor the summer as long as possible.


I love the over-sized slouchy cape, but I probably couldn't get away with wearing one in the heat.


Photos from Style Arena

Some more sensible styles for this humidity...I want a pair of red espadrilles, so cute.

..but I can spend hours sifting through the archives for inspiration!

1 comment: