Friday, September 10, 2010

Afterzine





A few months ago, I was contacted by an upcoming arts and culture magazine called Afterzine to create a look based around a favorite book/book cover or character of mine. I chose The Secret Garden (specifically the book cover).. it's one of my favorites. I finally received a copy, and I couldn't be more excited! I'm on one of the bookmarks that come with it, and it just feels completely surreal to see myself in print. There are a handful of other fashion bloggers in there like Tavi Gevinson and Megan Stewart (!!), as well as artists and musicians such as Thurston Moore, Alexa Chung and more. It was truly an honor to be part of such an amazing and creative project amongst other wonderful people..and I'm still in serious awe!

The magazines are available to order online as well as select cities listed on their website. It's an interesting conceptual magazine that looks like a book and is a really entertaining read, so check it out!


8 comments:

  1. That is sooo cool!!
    I love that outfit too...I have a soft spot for white dresses and black tights...it always looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read the magazine yet? It's sooo good, took me about a week to get through it but I enjoyed every second. It's kind of crazy to be grouped in with such a group of intellectuals but hey I'm not complaining! Your outfit was so adorable, the black and white outfit was a perfect choice!

    XO
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yess, the magazine was reeeally good!..very unique. I thought it was such a cool concept.

    I had no idea that it would be printed in black and white. my outfit just ended up being that way, pretty crazy...and duh, your outfit was amazing and very creative! I couldn't freaking believe I was put in a mag beside you, I was like wtf this can't be real, she's my absolute favorite!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfit is very nice, it looks so serene. That magazine cover looks fab, dying to read it! :)

    Puck @ ONEOFPOINTS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! VERY NICE JOB!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so amazing!
    Love the look, and that book is one of my fav too.

    ReplyDelete