Monday, October 11, 2010

Witching Hour





Sweater: vintage
Skirt: vintage Betsey Johnson
Tights/knee highs: F21
Shoes: Dolce Vita

When I was twelve, I probably watched The Craft at least ten times. Having the recent urge, and considering it's only a few weeks until Halloween, I recently re-watched it, and it's still one of my favorite movies ever. The 90s trend is clearly seeping into my subconscious in more ways than just fashion. This outfit was sort of inspired by Robin Tunney and the other witch school girls..somewhere between preppy and toned down, informal goth, but way more casual and not obvious at all. The velvet skirt is 90s Betsey Johnson that I found at a thrift store, probably my best skirt find yet. It even has the original tag and all! so good. worn with a cross bracelet that isn't a bracelet at all, just a necklace I tied around my wrist for a charm-like effect I guess? and my hematite ring that I bought at a voodoo shop in New Orleans - for health and protection! and yes, I do believe in these things, even if it's just a placebo effect ;)



Photos from Tumblr

7 comments:

  1. That outfit is fabulous!!
    Love it :)

    Hen
    Teenage Daydreams
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute outfit! I absolutely love ur blog, will def follow :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! and whats funny is that after the first two photos I totally thought "the craft" and you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squee! "The Craft" is one of my favorite movies that's kind of crappy but I love anyway. Awesome outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this basic color..
    love ur sweater..
    u look so lovely in this outfit.

    come and visit my blog, hope you can follow me..

    THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

    in Love&Light
    QueenD

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely outfit. I love your inspiration for it. ^^

    xxx kissmequick

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww thank you so much everyone!! <3

    ReplyDelete